Colorado State University Director, School of Education in Fort Collins, Colorado
Posting Detail Information
Working Title Director, School of Education
Posting Number 201700262F
Proposed Annual Salary Range Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position Type Faculty
Work Hours/Week 40
Description of Work Unit
The School of Education faculty is comprised of educator-scholars whose expertise spans diverse learning contexts and populations. Innovative instruction, equitable access, technology education, distance education, service learning, professional development school partnerships, and rigorous research methodologies characterize our program. Our faculty expertise and philosophy, along with our mission-focus, guide us to educational and social inquiry driven by attention to human development, psychology, and organizational leadership. The School offers Ph.D. degrees in the specializations of Education Sciences, Higher Education Leadership, and Organizational Learning, Performance and Change; M.Ed. degrees in the specializations of Adult Education and Training, Counseling and Career Development, Education Sciences, and Organizational Learning, Performance and Change; an M.S. degree in Student Affairs in Higher Education; and a B.S. degree in Family and Consumer Sciences.
Seventeen teacher and principal licensure endorsements are offered through our Center for Educator Preparation at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. A multi-discipline research center, The Center for the Analytics of Learning and Teaching, is housed within the School and The College of Health and Human Sciences. Seven other academic units comprise the College of Health and Human Sciences, one of the largest colleges on the Colorado State University campus.
The School serves 1,050 students and its faculty consists of 39 tenured, tenure-track, and special appointment full-time positions, in addition to a cadre of affiliated faculty on-campus and throughout the area school districts.
Tenure/Tenure Track? Yes
% Research 15
% Teaching 0
% Service 10
% Administration 75
Open Posting Date 08/18/2017
Open Until Filled Yes
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 03/01/2018
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date 07/01/2018
Position End Date
Colorado State University is actively searching for the next Director and Professor in the School of Education. We are seeking an engaged, innovative, visionary leader to creatively build research and educational programs of excellence that will take our community of scholars and practitioners to the next level of national and international recognition.
Conditions of Employment
Required Job Qualifications
• Earned doctorate degree in Education or a related field. Related field is defined as being one of the specializations represented by the doctoral and masters programs within the School; • Academic credentials compatible with a faculty appointment at the rank of Professor with tenure at a Carnegie Research University (Very High Research Activity); • Demonstrated record of a strong, focused research program characterized by national/international recognition; • Ability to effectively develop and communicate a strategic, focused vision; • Demonstrated record of effective administrative and professional leadership; • Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence; • Commitment to leveraging human potential; • Understanding of the PK-20, adult, and workplace education landscapes and research contexts.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience with budgeting, personnel management, and/or external grant management; • Experience as department head or associate dean; • Experience leading the tenure and promotion process and making tenure and promotion decisions; • Service in positions of leadership in national and/or international professional organizations; • Experience with curricular and instructional development; • Experience with assessment and accreditation/reaccreditation processes; • Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications shall include a letter of interest that addresses the qualifications and responsibilities for the position, a full curriculum vita, and the names, positions and contact information for four references, who can speak to the applicant’s accomplishments and potential to be successful in this leadership position. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates. The search will remain open until the position is filled and the start date is July 1, 2018.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Executive Director of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Personal and professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by involvement in teaching, research, creative activity, service to the profession and/or diversity/inclusion activities.
Search Contact Heidi Propp, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Duty Category Leadership, Administrative, and Service
• Provide visionary leadership to the School;
• Guide complex decision-making in a university setting;
• Dynamically represent the School and its programs within the college and university, and to alumni, outside state and federal agencies, national organizations, and accrediting bodies;
• Provide leadership for development and marketing activities that promote the stature of the School;
• Strengthen existing and developing partnerships and cooperative arrangements with local, state, federal, and international educational institutions, government agencies, and the private sector to provide programs related to education, work, and family;
• Collaborate with leadership of the School’s Center for Educator Preparation Licensure Program to advance the university’s commitment to educator and principal licensure;
• Oversee budget, facilities, personnel, curriculum, and accreditation processes; and • Support a culture of collegiality and respect within the School.
Percentage Of Time 85%
Job Duty Category Research and Scholarship
• Continue cultivation of an exceptional intellectual climate and research infrastructure within the School; • Support and advance efforts to procure external funding; and • Maintain active involvement in research and scholarly activities.
Percentage Of Time 15%
Minimum Requested 4
Maximum Requested 4
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).