Colorado State University Clinical Instructor, Small Animal Internal Medicine in Fort Collins, Colorado
Posting Detail Information
Working Title Clinical Instructor, Small Animal Internal Medicine
Posting Number 201800034F
Proposed Annual Salary Range 85,000
Position Type Faculty
Work Hours/Week 40
Description of Work Unit
The Department of Clinical Sciences mission is to assure the health and productivity of animals to meet societal needs through high quality educational programs for professional veterinary medical students, graduate veterinarians, and the public through a faculty and veterinary medical center of excellence, and to advance and disseminate comparative biomedical knowledge in an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration.
Tenure/Tenure Track? No
% Research 10
% Teaching 45
% Service 45
% Administration 0
Open Posting Date
Open Until Filled Yes
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 04/02/2018
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date 07/02/2018
Position End Date
The Department of Clinical Sciences, Small Animal Internal Medicine Service at the James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital is looking for clinician to join our team consisting of 6 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) diplomates, 6 residents in training, rotating interns, a service liaison, and 4 animal health technicians. This individual will share responsibility with the other ACVIM diplomates for leadership and oversight to the Small Animal Internal Medicine receiving services. Applicants should have a strong interest in clinical teaching, have the ability to provide consistent leadership, and have a strong desire to be a liaison to the local and regional referring veterinary community. Clinical training of veterinary students and interns will be a priority while providing state-of-the-art care for animals. Personal and professional commitment to diversity will be supported by encouraging involvement in research, other creative activity, service to the profession, and/or diversity/inclusion activities.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Required Job Qualifications
• DVM or equivalent veterinary professional degree is required • Board certification in Small Animal Internal Medicine by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) at the time of hire.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Previous or pending completion of a research degree (MS or PhD) • Previous experience with clinical teaching of veterinary students, interns, or residents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications should include 1) a cover letter addressing the applicant’s qualifications, 2) resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) name and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcomes.
Search Contact Cheryl Webb, ClinSciHR@colostate.edu
Job Duty Category Teaching
• Clinical: Provide active instruction to veterinary students, rotating interns, and residents, in Small Animal Internal Medicine during case management in the James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital for up to 40 weeks per year. Of these 40 weeks, 20 are credited to teaching (40% effort) and 20 weeks are credited to service (40%). • Didactic: While not required, potential for involvement in SA Internal Medicine lectures and laboratories exists if it is appropriate for the candidate.
Percentage Of Time 45
Job Duty Category Research
• Collaborative or primary research is encouraged and includes mentoring veterinary students, interns, or residents on research projects or peer reviewed manuscripts or other media.
Percentage Of Time 10
Job Duty Category Service & Outreach
• Clinical Service: Of the up to 40 weeks of direct clinical activity on the Small Animal Internal Medicine Service, 20 weeks (40% effort) are credited to Service and Outreach. • Outreach: Development of an active relationship with local and regional veterinary community via consultations or provision of continuing education is expected. Involvement in other organizations like ACVIM or Veterinary Teaching Hospital committees is encouraged.
Percentage Of Time 45
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Resume or CV