Airgas Usa LLC VMI Tech and Delivery Driver in Cheyenne, Wyoming
The VMI Technician/Delivery Driver will be responsible for servicing and maintaining our vending machine customers to include inventory accuracy and replenishment of vending machines at customer sites, following safe handling practices, efficient order processing & invoicing, working with Branch Manager to maintain inventory stock at the branch to support vending customers. The VMI Technician/Delivery Driver will be the first line Airgas representative with the customer for all vending machine inventory needs and daily operation of vending machines. The VMI Technician/Delivery Driver will also act as a backup driver for the regular Delivery Routes as needed.
• Works with Branch Manager and Safety Sales Manager to communicate accuracy of inventory, inventory levels, or operation issues with vending machines at customer sites. • Interfaces with Customer Service and/or Branch Manager to inform them of changes, additions, or deletions to delivery points or orders. • General upkeep of on-site vending machines, including cleaning and maintaining inventory in the machine in an orderly fashion. • Generates shipping documents for deliveries. • Operates a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment. • Performs general warehouse work and/or sales counter work as needed when vending responsibilities are finished each day.
• Monitors machine inventory accuracy. • Maintains product inventory. • Assures flawless execution of the card readers and machine operation; reports immediately any concerns to Branch Manager. • Approves new delivery points for accessibility and safety. • Monitors product consumption. • Conducts physical inventory.
· Drives a pickup truck loaded with cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Pick up empty cylinders from customer sites.
· Load/unload truck. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order.
· Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Class C CDL driver’s license with endorsements. Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets. Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs. Must be able to drive for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required. Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary. Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds. Must have basic computer experience. Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -15 to 100 degrees. Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers. Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Some basic knowledge or experience in welding preferred but not required. Some experience in handling compressed gases preferred but not required. Customer service or sales experience. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work during prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and feeling. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: VMI Tech and Delivery Driver
Requisition ID: 17360