Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Project Manager in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Requisition Number J17-0338
Title Managed Services Project Manager
Description You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
**ALTHOUGH WE PREFER OMAHA, NE, WE WILL ACCEPT REMOTE A EMPLOYEE**
The primary purpose for this position is to perform project planning, estimating, executing, tracking and implementing of identified deliverables. This position will work closely with the functional business areas, external customers and vendors in defining application/project priorities, scope approach, resource requirements, timing, deliverables and funding.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages stakeholder relationships by:
o Ensuring that stakeholder interests are identified and addressed
o Promoting effective individual and team performance
o Managing stakeholder communications
o Facilitating external stakeholder participation
• Manages the development of the plan for the project by:
o Defining the work of the project
o Ensuring the plan for the project reflects relevant legal requirements
o Documenting risks and risk responses for the project
o Confirming project success criteria
o Developing and integrating project baselines
• Manage project progress by:
o Monitoring, evaluating, and controlling project performance
o Monitoring risks to the project
• Manage project acceptance by:
o Ensuring that the objectives of the project are defined
o Ensuring that changes to the objectives of the project are monitored and controlled
o Securing acceptance of the objectives of the project
• Manage project transitions by:
o Managing project start-up
o Managing transition between project phases
o Managing project closure
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statements of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
• Identifies resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities
• Works with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
Requirements Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, marketing, sales, or a related field
• At least three (3) years of project management experience
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Project Software
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated business writing skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Experience developing and implementing complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met
• Experience meeting documented deadlines and objectives
• Experience to working with various departments and teams
• Demonstrated analytical ability to create project plans and establish timelines to ensure milestones are achieved using industry accepted tools
• PMP Certification
The position exists to provide account management services to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position. Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.