Sirius Computer Solutions Managed Services Power Systems Administrator - IBM i in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Requisition Number J18-0189
Title Managed Services Power Systems Administrator - IBM i
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The “Managed Services Power Systems Administrator – IBM i” is responsible for
• Operating system upgrades
• Installation and configuration of various software packages
• Installation of patches and fixes (PTFs)
• Problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and creation of incident reports
• Troubleshooting, problem resolution, maintenance and support
• The position will have direct contact with Sirius customers, including occasional travel to customer sites (approximately 10%)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides support for platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes (PTFs)
• Performs problem analysis and documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports
• Performs detailed troubleshooting for complex operational issues
• Performs design, creation, implementation and documentation of system and application monitoring, scheduling packages, and tape management system.
• Performs design, creation, and implementation of CL scripts for automation if/when needed.
• Performs on-demand save and restore operations using various technologies and software packages
• Performs migrations and due-diligence documentation for new Sirius Managed Services customers
• Performs tasks relating to iTera and Mimix, including patching, health checks, audit review and repair, configuration modifications, and role swap/switch processing
• Work with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client relationship
• Coordinates with team with pre-sales questions regarding existing customer base
• Acts as a liaison between Engineering and Operations groups
• Provides on-call support in a defined rotation schedule
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Associates degree in Computer Science or related field
• At least three (3) years Information Technology work experience, including experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of environments running the IBM i operating system
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Other Required Qualifications
• Experience in a technical support environment
• Experience with Mimix, iTera HA, or PowerHA
• Experience with the IBM i operating system (iSeries, AS/400, i5/OS, OS/400)
• Experience with IBM Power Systems servers
• Experience with Backup, Recovery, and Media Services (BRMS)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP concepts, including but not limited to: routing, FTP, NAT, DNS
• Experience with Hardware Management Console (HMC) and logical partitioning
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Completion of certifications related to job role available from IBM
• IBM i Operator or current equivalent
• Prior experience monitoring, maintaining, and performing role swaps using Mimix
This position exists to provide managed services consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis. Tasks performed in support of this job have potential to occur on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The primary duties, responsibilities and position requirements listed above are not all-inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.