U.S. Bank Data Governance Analyst in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Supports and assist in the development of data governance practices and processes within Consumer Banking Sales & Support (CBSS). The person will help improve the understanding and aggregation of key CBSS data through deep knowledge of metadata, data lineage, and data analysis. The role will be responsible for defining and executing metadata policies and processes for both technical and business requirements. The ideal candidate will have the ability to identify and escalate data quality issues and provide requirements to others for accomplishing issue remediation tasks. A point of contact between Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) organization and Primary Business Line Owners, Technical Owners, Data Stewards and others. Facilitate and lead Authorized Data System (ADS) and Data Quality (DQ) certification process between EDG and Business Lines. The person will also assist work with business line partners to identify high risk reports, maintain report inventory and facilitate development of business data flows and control documentation. Ensures the business line is prepared for and completes attestation in a timely manner.
Perform the following functions as member of the Data Governance team.
Support ongoing the capabilities that will improve and sustain the governance, management, protection and value of U.S. Bank’s data assets pushed down to the Business Line Level.
Support ongoing EDG policy implementation to enable compliance with regulator expectation at the BL level.
Support ongoing EDG approaches and guidance materials around core capabilities needed to implement to BL level of data governance capabilities not limited to data quality, common taxonomy, and change control
Perform analysis and collaborate with business lines to help deliver clear guidance on policy requirements to allow for adoption by business lines.
Ensure compliance with the enterprise data governance policy and guidance. Support the business lines in their adoption of the policy and guidance.
Participate in working groups to advice on recommendations for developing our enterprise data governance capabilities
Collaborate with IT to help provide requirements as they need to develop a more robust and stream lined data architecture and tooling.
Ability to partner with Data Stewards, Technology Partners, and Enterprise Data Governance to execute Metadata process and requirements. Provide strong knowledge of metadata concepts and principles.
Assist with the definition of data quality rules based on data consumer expectations, internal and external policies, Enterprise guidelines, and technology documentation.
Review and verify both business and technical requirements and design specifications for validity in overall data controls are in place for data governance. Identify data sources and data gaps if applicable.
Ability to multitask and work with team members and other groups in multiple locations.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Applicable professional certifications
· Experience metadata management principles, data quality analysis, data architecture
· Experience of creating and understanding data and process flows.
· Ability to identify data quality issues/gaps and willingness to execute root cause analysis and data remediation planning.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledgeable of US Bank many systems as a user or the support team
· Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
· Advanced knowledge regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
· Advanced understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
· Strong understanding of data governance concepts, knowledge of data architecture concepts and data governance tooling
· Strong process facilitation, project management, analytical and problem solving skills, self-starter and motivator
· Knowledgeable of Archer and Power Designer or Visio
· Advanced Knowledgeable of CBSS systems would be beneficial (NetO, MSP, ACAPS and other) or technical
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Edina
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180004575
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.