Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICER in Cheyenne, Wyoming
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OFFICER, Position Description Number D1640000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Group, National Guard.
WYOMING AIR NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Wyoming Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Wyoming Air National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AREA 6: NATIONWIDE JOB OPPORTUNITY DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN - MERIT PROMOTION:Open to current military members of the US Air Force, US Air Force Reserves or Air National Guard and eligible to transfer to the Wyoming Air National Guard.
TECHNICIAN INFO Position Title: Aircraft Maintenance Officer Position Series/Grade: GS-1601-14 Position Description #: D1640000 PAS / FAC: FHSM / 21A100 Technician Position #: 0085706234 Military Position #: 009671231L Location: 153d Maintenance Group
MILITARY GRADE Min: O5/Lt Col Max: O6/Col
Applicants' under grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Promotion contingent upon Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Wyoming Air National Guard's 153rd Airlift Wing. Its purpose is to serve as the Aircraft Maintenance Group Commander, with responsibility for directing, and managing the Aircraft Maintenance Group. It partners with the Wing Commander, as well as the Mission Support Group, and the Operations Group Commanders in planning, scheduling, and implementing an Operationally Risk Managed (ORM) flying program.
(1) Collaborates with the Wing Commander and other group commanders to plan, develop and implement numerous long term plans to include: the Wing Strategic Plan (mission, goals, values, objectives, etc.), the Base Master Plan (facilities), Communications/Computer Plan (infrastructure capabilities/upgrade), the Vehicle Replacement Plan, Four Year Deployment Plan, Aircraft Modification Plan, Depot Input Plan, force management and recruiting/retention plans, weapon system conversions, base supplements to tasking operational plans, operational planning for Aerospace Expeditionary Forces (AEF) participation, and others.
(2) Through subordinate functional supervisors, directs and supervises staff and production functions affecting very complex high performance aircraft with a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated systems, controlling approximately two thirds of base dollars.
(3) Plans, organizes, schedules, controls, and directs all unit aircraft maintenance resources to meet mission requirements.
(4) Plans, schedules, controls and directs the use of all resources to assure timely, effective and complete support of mission requirements.
(5) Coordinates with the operations and maintenance groups to ensure an integrated approach to the solution of problems relating to availability of A/C, and the ability to conduct the military mission.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1601 Equipment Facilities, And Services
Conditions of Employment
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Open to Air Force, AF Reserves, and Air Nat'l Guard military mbrs only Must become a member of the Wyoming Air Nat'l Guard before appt. Must submit vMPF Rip/Data Verification Rip with application Refer to Required Documents section for additional details and links May be required to successfully complete a probationary period Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT). The Selected applicant must complete an "I-9, Employment Verification" and a "Declaration of Relatives in the Wyoming Military Department" prior to the appointment date. Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives. Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP) and TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS). Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement. Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician. Veteran's preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must possess experience, education, or training which has provided the applicant with a knowledge of equipment maintenance work, or skill in reading engineering drawings and specifications, using test instruments, making computations, and keeping records; and experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 36 months experience in applying principles, concepts, and methods of equipment, facility, or service operations sufficient in planning assignments; experience using well-established occupational methods and techniques to determine facility, grounds, equipment overhaul, maintenance, restoration, repair needs, etc.; experience in determination of resource needs, allocation of resources, and budgeting/funding needs; experience in human resources management policy matters affecting the entire organization, with personnel actions affecting key employees to include experience coordinating work forces and resources and negotiating with management or clients concerning problems.
Experience in managing the function of the work performed; and experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
NOTE:Minimum Requirements and Specialized Experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide from (e.g. 02/2014 - 03/2016 or Feb 2014 - Mar 2016) dates and hours worked per week with description of your specialized experience on the resume.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS: Officer: 20C0, 21A4, 21M4
Must possess or be eligible to retrain into AFSC 20C0, Logistics Commander.
Must have held AFSC 21A3, Aircraft Maintenance.
DRIVER'S LICENSE: Must possess a valid state's driver's license for the state in which the applicant lives or is principally employed.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx)
The Wyoming Military Department's (WYMD) 335, Personnel - General Merit Placement & Promotion Plan, 15 February 2018, is available at: https://wyomilitary.wyo.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WYMD335MPP15Feb18.pdf
Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the Wyoming National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line via www.USAJOBS.gov. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume which includes:
- Your full name, mailing address, email address, and phone numbers where you can be reached
- A narrative of your work (paid or unpaid), training, education, and/or other experiences that may be related to this vacancy
- Show actual begin and end dates (e.g. 02/2015 - 03/2017 or Feb 2017 - Mar - 2017) format and hours worked per week for all work experience submitted.
- List all pertinent civilian and military experiences
- Describe your duties (work experience) in your own words. Do not submit copies or official position descriptions.
- Other supporting documents:
* **Cover Letter
* **Records Review * US Air Force, Air Force Reserves, and Air National Guard members submit virtual Military Personnel Flight (vMPF) Report of Individual Personnel data (RIP) (All pages) * Air Force Reserves members, if you are unable to obtain a vMPF Rip, submit a Data Verification Record with application.
* **Performance Appraisals/Reports * Drill Status Members or Active Duty: Provide 3 previous Officer Performance Reports (OPR). If less than 3, include a Letter of Recommendation * Current Technicians: Provide 3 previous Performance Appraisals. If less than 3, include a Letter of Recommendation.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10159932
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
WY 153rd Maintenance Group 217 Dell Range Blvd Cheyenne, WY US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493592600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/09/2018 to 03/29/2018
Salary: $103,106 to $134,038 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 14
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent